Ylang Ylang (fragrant cananga) 100% pure essential oil
The ultra-sweet, floral, rich and exotic scent of ylang ylang will be a feast for the senses. This oil is especially liked by sensual, passionate people bursting with joy for life, and very much needed for those who lack these qualities. The name of the plant, which originates from tropic lands (Philippines, Indonesia, Tahiti, Madagascar) is translated as “flower of flowers”, and the essential oil itself in those countries is used as a natural remedy to treat fever and infections. Even to this day ylang ylang flowers are soaked in coconut oil and local women protect their hair from sea salt water with this hair pomade. In tropical islands, the bedroom of newlyweds is usually decorated with cananga tree flowers, as the scent of ylang ylang is believed to be a powerful aphrodisiac (to cause an increase of sexual desire, passion). The essential oil of ylang ylang has been widely used in perfumery since the 19th century, and the most famous perfume masterpiece CHANEL no. 5 contains this magical essential oil.
Interesting fact: aromatherapists call the essential oil of ylang ylang “a jasmine for the poor”, because these two essential oils have similar properties but jasmine is much more expensive compared to ylang ylang. Experienced perfumers know that if they want to enhance the jasmine note in perfumes, it is necessary to add a few drops of ylang ylang essential oil as it raises all notes of jasmine to the top.
Like any other floral scents, ylang ylang instantly changes our state of mind: improves mood, awakens the joy and enthusiasm for life, strengthens self-esteem, and activates sensuality and creativity. Floral scents in aromatherapy are attributed to hedonistic scents – they create the mood of happiness, luxury and comfort. Floral scents stimulate sensuality and sexuality as a natural reaction of a healthy body that has excess energy. Therefore, this group of fragrances is often named aphrodisiacs and it is associated with the Goddess of love, creativity and eroticism Aphrodite. Ylang ylang is widely used in aromatherapy as a natural antidepressant, and sexual potency enhancer.
Ylang ylang belongs to the group of soothing and balancing essential oils. One of the most valuable properties of ylang ylang is that it lowers high blood pressure, tachycardia, slows breathing. As well, in literature it is described that it is especially suitable for choleric, hysterical personalities, as well as after a shock, fright and high stress. Nevertheless, ylang ylang is highly recommended for mothers, especially those that had a caesarean section – the gentle, feminine scent of fragrant cananga helps to calm down, and come back to oneself and this helps to get connected with the baby.
This tropical ylang ylang essential oil comes all the way from our suppliers worldwide, and is bottled in the fragrant aromáma laboratory in Lithuania. Every single bottle is touched by our beautiful Goddesses’ hands.
How to use:
- Most commonly, ylang ylang is used with a diffuser and since the scent is extremely sweet, it is rarely used by itself. Usually fragrant cananga is blended with other essential oils such as bergamot, grapefruit, orange, lavender, neroli and rose. For an amazing scent at home, try the following synergy: 4 drops of sweet orange, 2 drops of lavender and 2 drops of ylang ylang essential oil. For an evening full of romance make a special blend of: 1 drop of jasmine, 2 drops of ylang ylang and 6 drops of pink grapefruit.
- For massages, ylang ylang oil must be diluted with sweet almond oil or any other carrier oil: 10 drops of essential oil with 50ml of carrier oil. (Blend ylang ylang alongside with orange or grapefruit essential oils).
- Pamper yourself with a divine, relaxing bath. Add 3 drops of ylang ylang and 5 drops of lavender (or pink grapefruit) essential oil to a glass of milk, pour the mixture into the bath and enjoy it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Since fragrant cananga is so rich in phytoestrogens (plant based female hormones), this oil is believed to regulate hormone levels, tone the female reproductive system and is beneficial during menopause and helps to maintain firm breasts. For breast care, make yourself a firming oil blend: 50ml of camellia oil, 5 drops of ylang ylang, 7 drops of pink grapefruit essential oil. Massage your breasts with the blend twice a day, after a bath or shower (damp skin absorbs oil faster).
- During menopause, postpartum or irregular menstruation use the following blend twice a day: 50ml of carrier oil (such as sweet almond), 1 drop of rose, 1 drop of jasmine, 4 drops of ylang ylang, 4 drop of lavender and 5 drops of bergamot essential oils. Massage the lower abdomen area and back with this wonderful aromatic blend.
- Ylang ylang oil is highly valued in cosmetology as a firming, radiant and youthfulness agent. It is believed that cananga essential oil regulates sebum secretion and balances skin moisture. Drip a few drops of ylang ylang essential oil into you face or body wash, unscented body lotion. The product will not only smell divine but also it will give its benefits to the skin. You can also make a wonderful, skin brightening and nourishing Goddesses Beauty Elixir yourself. Here is the recipe: blend 4 drops of ylang ylang, 6 drops of pink grapefruit essential oils with 50ml of camellia oil. Use the blend alongside floral water, for best results use it twice a day instead of a daily cream.
- Ylang ylang is wonderful in haircare. Add few drops of pure, undiluted essential oil to your hair shampoo, conditioner or mask at the time of use. It will give your hair unique shine. This method is especially recommended for those suffering from seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp.
Please note, even if you love and adore ylang ylang essential oil, remember to always apply one of the aromatherapy rules “less is always more”. Excessive use of ylang ylang essential oil can cause dizziness, pain and nausea.
EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Keep out of the reach of children!
IMPORTANT! We recommend performing a skin sensitivity test before using any new product. Apply a small amount of the oil mixture to the inside of the forearm and observe for 30 minutes for any unwanted reactions such as redness, rash or itchiness. If any reaction occurs, do not use the product.